Friday, December 12, 2008

Technology Scale

I feel like I'm in a bit of technology limbo. I blog, I follow blogs I feel a connection with, post comments on blogs I feel are worthwhile, use my laptop to stay in touch with family, friends, colleagues and students, use technology in my classrooms, and dabble in new technology now and then. I was aware of Twitter over a year ago - though I only tried it, but really did not jump in. I felt some pride in knowing a technology before most of my students....
However, reality is, on the whole scale of technology I certainly lean toward the ignorant. As a journalist, journalism professor and adviser to the Ferris State Torch I am doing my students a disservice if I do not move at least above the average on the technology scale. How can I expect them to be ahead of me?
That said, it is my goal to improve my standing over the coming years. I'm hoping to start by learning applications of Flash. I just found this link today. That's what office hours, summer break and other such times are for after all. Right?

No comments: