Friday, May 1, 2009

MSU to host News Summit: In Search of a New Journalism

New journalism is really nothing new. I heard the same term when I was in school 20 years ago. I've read it in textbooks. I'm not diminishing the importance of this event, just pointing out the fact journalism has changed many times over the years - and like many things it is likely to change more and at a much faster pace now than ever before.

This event is interesting. I was considering attending in person, but when I learned there will be a webcast, I decided saving the driving time, the gas money and the environment was too good to pass up. Here is the basic information:

News Summit: In Search of a New Journalism, 1:30-4 p.m. May 11 at Michigan State University. An RSVP is required to attend in person. The web cast is available at SpartanTV. Check out more information at MSU's journalism program web site or check out this PDF of the press release.


No comments: